Spenco began in 1967 by Dr. Wayman Spence, who wanted to create products to improve the comfort level of shoes. As a result, Spenco has developed a full line of insoles, orthotics, heel cups, and sandals to help promote overall wellness and alleviate foot problems. These products have been approved by both the American Podiatric Medical Association and the Federation of International Podiatrists.
There are a variety of features in each Spenco product that greatly enhances your comfort level. Spenco is so confident in its technology that it unconditionally guarantees its products for one year.
- SpenCore® Layer - this cushioned layer absorbs shock, reduces friction, and helps to improve overall comfort.
- Thermoplastic Rubber (TPR) Gel - creates targeted cushioning with 44% energy return for all day comfort.
- Spenco Polysorb®– combines polyurethane bonded to a SpenCore® layer for shock absorption and energy return. The polyurethane provides a sturdy and long-lasting solution to extend the life of your shoes. Best for use in athletic, hiking, or active-use shoes.
- Spenco for Her® - takes into account the increased quadriceps angle of a woman’s natural stride, and provides additional motion control properties so that the chance of repetitive strain injuries to the foot, ankle and knee is lessened.
Types of Spenco Products
Insoles, Orthotics, Heel cups, and Sandals fall into the following collections:
- Spenco Rx – contains comfort insoles, orthotic arch supports, ball of foot cushions, and heel cushions containing SpenCore technology for cushioned comfort. These products are washable and can be trimmed to fit with scissors.
- Spenco Gel – consists of heel cups and cushions containing TPR Gel for superior shock absorption and energy return, and slip-resistant designs to keep the heel cups in place.
- Spenco Polysorb® – has a cross trainer insole specifically designed for use in aerobics, court or racquet sports, running, and walking.
- Spenco for Her – contains a Total Support insole to provide overall support and stabilization for a woman’s foot in particular.
- Spenco Total Support Sandals – flip flops and slides for men and women containing durable Polysorb® and orthotic-quality arch and heel support. With such a variety of products and cutting edge technology, Spenco products are sure to provide support and cushioning for everyone.