About Birkenstock Footwear
The Birkenstock Contoured Footbed Encourages Foot Health
The Birkenstock footbed is made of resilient cork and latex and is shaped to create a healthy walking environment for your feet. Additionally, the cork/latex blend is pliable and reacts to natural body warmth. Therefore, over time, the footbed yields to the characteristics of an individual foot. Many long-term Birkenstock wearers ?nd that the longer you wear them, the more comfortable they become. The shape of a Birkenstock follows the contours of a healthy foot.
No part of the body is subject to more stress and strain in the course of a lifetime than the foot. Our feet bear all of the body’s weight. They keep the body in balance. Cushion the shocks.
That is why it is important to take care of your feet. Birkenstock invented the world’s first contoured cork/latex footbed. The shape of the Original Birkenstock Footbed enables body weight to be distributed evenly over the whole foot, providing it with optimal support.
High quality materials and unique construction give durable comfort and long lasting good looks. The concept of Birkenstock is easily understood when one considers the design of our feet and the mechanics of walking.
Each contour in a Birkenstock footbed is precisely placed to stretch, flex and move naturally. Your feet benefit from free movement, constant exercise and improved circulation, resulting in long lasting comfort and better health.
- Deep Heel Cup - Gives the foot a firm hold and maintains the heel profile.
- Cork Latex Footbed - Extremely flexible. Providing a uniquely high level of wearing comfort.
- Suede leather cover - Creates a healthy climate around the foot.
- Cross support from the arch - Helps shift pressure from the middle to the front of the foot.
- Toe gripper - Steers the toes. Promoting the natural rolling movement of the foot.
- Footbed Edging - Deliberately elevated to protect the toes.