Diabetes is a syndrome in which the basic defect is an absence or shortage of the pancreatic hormone insulin. This deficiency disrupts the vascular system, affecting the eyes, kidneys, legs, and other extremities such as the feet. Diabetic foot problems arise from poor circulation that causes hyposensitivity (lack of feeling). Clinical studies have shown that footwear and doctor prescribed orthotics play an important role in diabetic foot care. Drew footwear has removable insoles that can be replaced with prescribed orthotics, which help reduce and redistribute pressure and pressure points. The footwear has a wide shank area to better accommodate the diabetic foot.
Serious comfort describes Drew’s newest athletic shoe. Atlas has all the features of a Drew in a comfortable athletic shoe. Double depth with two removable insoles creates space for custom orthotics or just extra toe room. Breathable, mesh vamp and quarter linings. Padded to the max. Ideal for all-day walking comfort.
Drew Atlas White Men's Shoe
- Plus Fitting System®- Two Removable Inserts
- Drilex® Lining with AEGIS Microbe Shield™ for Odor and Stain Control
- EVA Wedge Midsole
- Slip-Resistant Outsole
- Removable, Dual-Density Footbed with Added Heel Cushion Pad, Arch Support and Medial Heel Stabilizer
- Firm Heel Counter
- Tempered Steel Shank
- Soft, Foam-Padded Tongue and Collar
- Accommodates Prescribed Orthotics
- HCPCS Code A5500
- Model # 40725-14