Diabetes is a syndrome in which the basic defect is an absence or shortage of the pancreatic hormone insulin. This deficiency disrupts the vascular system, affecting the eyes, kidneys, legs, and other extremities such as the feet. Diabetic foot problems arise from poor circulation that causes hyposensitivity (lack of feeling). Clinical studies have shown that footwear and doctor prescribed orthotics play an important role in diabetic foot care. Drew footwear has removable insoles that can be replaced with prescribed orthotics, which help reduce and redistribute pressure and pressure points. The footwear has a wide shank area to better accommodate the diabetic foot.
Kick around in the Drew Hampton and see for yourself why our customers have fallen in love with the sporty style and advanced therapeutic benefits of this popular therapeutic shoe. Two removable insoles provide for extra toe room and double the depth, and are replaceable with custom orthotics, while a firm heel counter hugs the heel and prevents slippage. Inside the Drew Hampton, you will find the AEGIS Microbe Shield™ for odor and stain control, while the outside lets you choose between durable leather and breathable canvas.
Drew Hampton Brown Men's Shoe
- Plus Fitting System® - Two Removable Footbeds for Added and Double Depth
- Removable, Dual-Density Footbed with Added Heel Cushion Pad, Arch Support and Medial Heel Stabilizer
- Lined with AEGIS Microbe Shield™ for Odor and Stain Control
- Lightweight Rubber Outsole
- Firm Heel Counter
- Tempered Steel Shank
- Soft, Foam-Padded Tongue and Collar
- Accommodates Prescribed Orthotics
- HCPCS Code A5500
- Model # 40980-84